Originally from Taunton, I moved to London to join the Metropolitan Police.
My police career has certainly been varied - beginning with frontline policing, specialising in Roads Policing, Policy Research and Development, Operations Support, and Intelligent Transport Services R&D. Finally to firearms training in the Parliamentary & Diplomatic Protection Command, where I have more recently managed and lead the Service Delivery, Recruitment and Professional Development Team.
Over 15 years’ experience in Specialist Operations and project based roles has given me a unique insight to project planning, product development, resourcing and training in large organisations.
Working with external suppliers, to specify and deliver vehicle technology solutions, means I have valuable experience of collaborating with specialist expertise to achieve the best results.
I bring a dedicated and professional approach to everything I do, and take every opportunity to learn and apply new skills. Whether it’s my advance level vehicle examination qualifications, Prince 2, City and Guilds Assessment D32/33 or Level 3 Adult Educational Training, my experience brings a unique mix of skills to any project.
My passion for learning extends outside of work, having trained to be a PADI Scuba Diving Instructor and a Swim England Referee - as my kids are competitive swimming nuts and combined we all love anything to do with water!
Based in Watford, my consultancy service is founded on real hands on experience:
- Policy development and standards - strategic organisational development of policy and standard operating procedures within the MPS
- Project management – Home Office funded research & development
- Product management – gathering and defining user requirements for One Box - Single Vehicle Architecture and Driver & Vehicle Data Management System.
- Procurement & budgeting - ensuring best value for purchases against budgetary constraints set at Management board level
- Training & assessment – delivering in house training, overseeing training schedules
- Human Resources – resource planning, recruitment and performance management
- Reporting & management briefings at a strategic level - Management Board, MPS
- Partnership working - supplying services to meet externally funded budgets
If you think my experience can be of value to your business please drop me a line to discuss further.